[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29658: Curly quotes injected into short code attributes when special characters present

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 13 22:21:41 UTC 2014

#29658: Curly quotes injected into short code attributes when special characters
present
 Reporter:  msimpson      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by miqrogroove):

 Replying to [comment:8 msimpson]:
 > Within the past week or so, some users of my short code complained the
 short codes no longer work. Given that, my best guess it that the quoting
 bug was introduced in WP 4.0 and users started seeing the issue once they
 upgrade.

 The quoting change was intentional to prevent corruption of HTML in some
 cases.  There were no tests for special characters appearing in shortcode
 attributes, so we will have to look into testing that from now on.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29658#comment:9>