[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29658: Curly quotes injected into short code attributes when special characters present

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 13 16:56:16 UTC 2014

#29658: Curly quotes injected into short code attributes when special characters
present
 Reporter:  msimpson      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by miqrogroove):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

Comment:

 We do have a patch for this at #29557.  The ">" character, and HTML
 elements in general have not  been described as allowed by the Shortcode
 API documentation, but we are able to accommodate that for version 4.0.1.
 And perhaps the documentation should be updated to state this one way or
 the other.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29658#comment:5>