[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29576: reset_password / wp_set_password does not clean user cache, only deletes one group of cache

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 7 20:08:02 UTC 2014

#29576: reset_password / wp_set_password does not clean user cache, only deletes
one group of cache
------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark                   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by nacin):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid
 * milestone:  4.1 =>

Comment:

 This isn't a bug.

 The userlogins, useremail, and userslugs buckets only hold a reference
 from the login, email, and nicename to the user ID. The found ID is then
 pulled from the main users bucket.

 All that is changing here with the direct update query is user_pass and
 user_activation_key. Both of them are only relevant to the users bucket,
 and that's the bucket that is cleared.

 That's not to say we shouldn't use the API, but since all it'd trigger is
 some unnecessary deletes, it's not something we need to do. If it ain't
 broke...

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29576#comment:4>