[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27999: Problem with embedding WordPress Multisite in other PHP applications caused by path difference in ms-settings

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 7 08:54:29 UTC 2014

#27999: Problem with embedding WordPress Multisite in other PHP applications caused
by path difference in ms-settings
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  ivanbajalovic            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new

Comment (by alexfurr):

 Jeremy, THANK YOU.
 I know this isn't a troubleshooting forum so apologies for another query.
 I've implemented sunrise.php as you suggest and it DOES now work with the
 rest of the non WP pages. YAY!

 The fix I added was simply
 {{{
 $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] = '/sites/;
 }}}
 ; into the sunrise.php folder.

 However, now it seems that EVERY wordpress page reirects to the root
 (/sites/)
 i.e. "/sites/test-page-2/" reverts to "/sites/"
 Did I add the wrong code? Clearly I must have done! What is the correct
 code to add to the sunrise.php? You mention $current_site and
 $current_blog but not sure how to apply that.

 So one step forward, one step back!
 Thanks in advance,
 Alex

--