[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29676: Customizer background color control should be contextual to there not being a background image

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 31 16:01:39 UTC 2014

#29676: Customizer background color control should be contextual to there not being
a background image
------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Yeah there are several cases where this could cause issues, even if it
 were limited to non-transparent images. While most themes do some
 equivalent of `background-size: cover` not and most sites use `background-
 the background image to a solid color as well. As much as it's good to
 minimize redundant options, we have to be careful about making things more
 confusing in the process.

 For now, this should be implemented on a theme-by-theme basis if it fits
 the needs of a given theme. In Twenty Fifteen, we should probably consider
 this for the header (sidebar) image/background color options, where
 `background-size: cover` and the attachment are forced.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29676#comment:3>