[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30166: Twenty Fifteen: Color contrast doesn't meet minimum accessibility requirements

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 29 16:29:09 UTC 2014

#30166: Twenty Fifteen: Color contrast doesn't meet minimum accessibility
requirements
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new

Comment (by iamtakashi):

 Replying to [comment:2 celloexpressions]:
 > Why are we using rgba colors here, though?

 In this way — main text color (100%) and secondary text color (70%), we
 can apply the same ratio of the tone to the sidebar text or some other
 color schemes by only specifying the 100% of color. I thought this is the
 simplest solution.

 > they're on a known, solid background and are causing font rendering
 inconsistencies.

 True, but the difference between #fff and #f7f7f7 are not huge and as long
 as it passes the contrast check on #f7f7f7 I don't think it's a huge
 issue. And I thought this is the simplest solution rather than trying to
 figure out hex value of 70% of the main color.

 > Regardless of those, I definitely think that we should check the default
 settings in all the color schemes too.

 No need. Themes are only required to pass the contrast check with default
 setting.
 [https://make.wordpress.org/themes/handbook/guidelines/accessibility/#contrasts
 Accessibility Handbook] And I like some lower contrast schemes as option.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30166#comment:3>