[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30076: Twenty Fifteen: Alt text of a thumbnail in archives can lead to confusing link texts

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 23 15:32:50 UTC 2014

#30076: Twenty Fifteen: Alt text of a thumbnail in archives can lead to confusing
link texts
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  rianrietveld   |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by joedolson):

 No, I don't think so; this is relating to the usage of images in the
 archives view for Twenty Fifteen, not specifically to the Media saving of
 alt attributes.

 Because this is specific to usage in the theme, I think this is an issue
 that needs to be handled in the theme.

 I'd propose that the alt attribute should be left blank if the image is
 included inside the link; any alt attribute on the image would only serve
 to make the link overly verbose. If the image was a separate link or not
 linked, the alt attribute is more valuable.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30076#comment:2>