[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30029: Allow settings.success override for mediaelement (to give plugins more freedom)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 18 01:40:28 UTC 2014

#30029: Allow settings.success override for mediaelement (to give plugins more
freedom)
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  michael.heuberger  |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |     Status:  new
Component:  Media              |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                     |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 This piece in your wp-mediaelement.js file makes it very difficult for me
 to develop video based WP plugins:

 {{{
 var settings = {};

 if ( typeof _wpmejsSettings !== 'undefined' ) {
         settings = _wpmejsSettings;
 }

 settings.success = function (mejs) {
 };

 $('.wp-audio-shortcode, .wp-video-shortcode').mediaelementplayer( settings
 );
 }}}

 Please change the line

 {{{
 settings.success = function (mejs) {

 settings.success = settings.success || function (mejs) {
 }}}

 so that I can override it with my own success handler through
 `_wpmejsSettings`.

 Thanks!