[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29920: Autosave breaks if post revision fields contains a value that isn't a string

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 10 22:21:59 UTC 2014

#29920: Autosave breaks if post revision fields contains a value that isn't a
string
 Reporter:  mattheu       |       Owner:
Changes (by adamsilverstein):

 * component:  General => Autosave

Comment:

 Very interesting issue, thanks for raising that. What values where you
 storing in post meta that you were trying to revision?

 I think {{{_wp_post_revision_fields}}} is meant to be used internally,
 hence the name starting with an underscore.

 Can you take a look at the way meta revisioning works in the latest patch
 on #20564 and see if this solves the issue you are having? With the code
 there your meta should be revisioned if it changes. A restore mechanism is
 also implemented.

 It would be helpful to have more people who need post meta revisioning
 testing this patch, and helping push it forward. I have a plan to refactor
 the code there as a plugin with a few core hooks, for now can you give the
 patch a try?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29920#comment:1>