[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29920: Autosave breaks if post revision fields contains a value that isn't a string

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 10 14:11:34 UTC 2014

#29920: Autosave breaks if post revision fields contains a value that isn't a
string
 Reporter:  mattheu       |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 This isn't exactly a bug...

 Its possible to filter '_wp_post_revision_fields' to add more fields. I am
 using this to track revisions for some meta fields.

 However the value of this must be an string otherwise you get notices when
 trying to create an autosave - as this calls `normalize_whitespace` on an
 array.

 It would be nice if this didn't completely break things. I've added a
 patch that only calls normalize whitespace if both values are strings -
 otherwise just do a simple comparison.

 If you think i'm doing_it_wrong - feel free to tell me so!

 I guess this is related to #20564 and any other meta revision fields.