[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 8 19:49:54 UTC 2014

#22237: Add keyboard shortcuts for collapse/expand, panel-back, and close to the
Customizer
 Reporter:  designsimply             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
  bug                                |  javascript

Comment (by purcebr):

 Hi There!

 How about if the user taps escape, and the customizer is expanded, with a
 subtab expanded, we slide up the expanded tab. if they tap escape again,
 or when there are no sub tabs expanded,  the customizer sidebar collapses.
 The slide up and collapse actions don't clear out unsaved changes, so we
 don't need to show an AYS message. I don't think escape should cause any
 destructive action - just hide the modal that's expanded. I've attached a
 patch to the customize-controls.js file to demo this functionality.

 Thoughts?

 -Bryan

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22237#comment:8>