[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29848: Caching problems when using 'alias_of' in wp_update_term() and wp_insert_term()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 3 11:12:18 UTC 2014

#29848: Caching problems when using 'alias_of' in wp_update_term() and
wp_insert_term()
--------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |       Owner:  boonebgorges
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 Replying to [comment:4 DrewAPicture]:
 > The only thing I'd be concerned about with removing the duplicate hooks
 is that it's possible somebody could be relying on that behavior. It's
 pretty edge and bordering on misuse, but worth considering.

 The hooks still fire in 29848.2.patch - they just fire in
 wp_update_term(). I think they were added before and after the direct db
 calls in order to provide parity with wp_update_term(), but using the API
 function means that this duplication is no longer necessary.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29848#comment:5>