[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29839: Enhance get_terms to return only bottom child terms (terms without children) when taxonomy is heirarchical

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 23 15:53:39 UTC 2014

#29839: Enhance get_terms to return only bottom child terms (terms without
children) when taxonomy is heirarchical
---------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  theMikeD             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement          |      Status:  new

Comment (by boonebgorges):

 >  childless imo still sounds strange. I may be alone in that thought. If
 I'm not, I propose using last_ancestor or something in that vein.

 I also think that 'childless' is maybe not the ideal name, but it's
 accurate. 'last_ancestor' suggests that we're only looking at a single
 branch in the tree, which we're not.

 >  From what I can tell, you've only added the ability to display the
 bottom level and not the parent tree if you pass in an ID. Shouldn't this
 truly be the opposite of parent?

 I can see the use of a parameter like this, but it'd be a totally separate
 enhancement from 'childless'.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29839#comment:51>