[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30328: The ability to customize the resizing of images is no longer available (the "insert/edit image" button is missing)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 13 05:10:32 UTC 2014

#30328: The ability to customize the resizing of images is no longer available (the
"insert/edit image" button is missing)
 Reporter:  Jazluvr       |       Owner:

Comment (by Jazluvr):

 Hi Tomauger,

 Thanks for your speedy reply. I am attaching a screeenshot of 3.8.4, which
 shows the "Insert/Edit Image" button, which also allows one to add a
 caption or comment, by the way. The button is a little more than midway
 horizontally on the first line of the available tools. In 4.0, that
 feature is no longer present. In 4.0, there IS an editing arrow that
 appears in the image when you place it, but you cannot manually set the
 sizing (for example, choosing a width and have the system calculate the
 width based on the shape of the image). To be sure, I am going to update
 again to 4.0 and play with it once again. By the way, I use Internet
 Explorer 11 when working in WP. It seems to work easier for me.  If you
 can advise me before i uipgrade to 4.0, that would be a great help. If
 not, I'll try to get more information for you regarding the 4.0issue and
 perhaps send a screenshot. Thanks again!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30328#comment:3>