[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20459: Super admin should be able to bypass banned/limited domains when creating users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 11 20:48:59 UTC 2014

#20459: Super admin should be able to bypass banned/limited domains when creating
users
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement           |      Status:  new
  opinion                         |
----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  has-patch => needs-patch 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 This issue just came up again with a client, so I'd like to work toward a
 solution at some point in the near future.

 I do feel just a tad uneasy about silently ignoring the whitelist, even
 for 'manage_network_users' users. Would it expand the scope of this ticket
 too much to do something like this: prefetch the domain whitelist +
 blacklist into a JS variable; on blur, do a quick compare to see if the
 entered email address is allowed; if so, show some sort of warning, but
 continue to let the user create the account. This would allow super admins
 to bypass the check, but only after being reminded that they're doing so.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20459#comment:3>