[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22212: WP_User_Query( array('role' => $role) ) should accept array or not return anything if array

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 1 04:14:39 UTC 2014

#22212: WP_User_Query( array('role' => $role) ) should accept array or not return
anything if array
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  thomask                       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                   |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by boonebgorges):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-unit-tests => has-unit-tests needs-refresh
 * milestone:  4.1 => Future Release

Comment:

 Patch no longer applies cleanly. See [30094].

 I would strongly prefer to see this rewritten to use `WP_Meta_Query`. It
 will avoid a lot of these horrific table joins against a potentially
 gargantuan wp_usermeta table.

 This is also a good time to take a step back and remind ourselves of the
 general terribleness of doing a LIKE query against usermeta to get role
 information. Not a problem that has to be solved by this patch, but
 something for us all to think about in those quiet moments.

 If we can get a refresh in time for 4.1 beta, we can move this back to the
 4.1 milestone.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22212#comment:40>