[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 30 23:32:31 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by adamsilverstein):

 We discussed this a bit in IRC
 ([http://irclogs.wordpress.org/chanlog.php?channel=wordpress-
 dev&day=2014-03-29&sort=asc#m821579 ref]) and I started working on an
 implementation that would add a new 'page' feature to the customizer,
 essentially allowing you to add sections to a specific 'page' (or pane) of
 the customizer.

 Adding a page would create the top level page link (and sliding
 functionality) and sections placed on a page would be added to a div that
 could then slide into and out of place.

 This should yield a clean implementation and leave muchof the widget
 customizer as is and could get some other use in the future. Its a bit to
 build! I have a good start and will report back here with progress.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:7>