[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23292: Media uploader loads full size image and slows down, please change to thumbnails.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Mar 27 20:55:49 UTC 2014

#23292: Media uploader loads full size image and slows down, please change to
thumbnails.
---------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mnrtjeR              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch 4.0-early
 * milestone:  3.9 => Future Release

Comment:

 Related: comment:48:ticket:24859. Maybe we should try to avoid the second
 call.

 I'd like to see us only take special cases when we're not loading
 thumbnails. It might not be easy to determine, but since it's pretty edge,
 I'd like to not hide the library whenever anyone has more than 40 images.

 We also have the upload/browse state, in terms of which one should be
 uploaded first. (It's supposed to remember the user's preference, though
 it has a bit of a glitch I think.) We could also just as easily remember
 if the user wants "Uploaded to this post" consistently as well.

 There are a lot of minor issues here that turn into a mess when combined.
 Let's see what we can fix in 4.0.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23292#comment:22>