[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27415: Adding widgets in Customizer and typing Title widget collapses and can't get back to Title

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 14 15:54:03 UTC 2014

#27415: Adding widgets in Customizer and typing Title widget collapses and can't
get back to Title
--------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  tberneman     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by tberneman):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => duplicate

Comment:

 Replying to [ticket:27415 tberneman]:

 My ticket does seem to be a duplicate but I have a few more details and
 ticket #27338 is reported closed as of 33 hours ago but the problem still
 exists. Maybe this fix is not included in the latest 3.9 beta 1 download
 that I just installed.

 > This may be related to ticket #27338
 >
 > I've tested in IE 11.0.9600.16521 & Chrome 33.0.1750.146 m with the same
 results.

 > I have a default install of 3.9 beta 1 from the zip file to my WAMP
 server folder. There are no other themes or widgets installed.

 > I click on Appearance->Customize, then on any of the "Widgets: xxx" and
 then on the "+ Add a Widget" button. I select any of the widgets (Meta,
 PAges, Text for example) and it will show the widget expanded (briefly
 showing the little up arrow icon) and then immediately collapse it
 (showing the down arrow icon) and NOT showing the "Delete | Close" links.
 I open it (it shows the up arrow icon), click on the Title textbox, and
 start typing. I get 1-3 letters entered and it hides the box with
 Title,Text etc gone BUT the up arrow icon and "Delete | Close" links are
 showing so it didn't really collapse the box. I click the up arrow icon
 and it collapses the box. I hit the down arrow and it opens the box but
 nothing is there except the "Delete | Close" links.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27415#comment:1>