[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27347: Widget Customizer: Only Widgets of Child Theme Editable, Parent Theme Widgets Missing

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 11 11:46:23 UTC 2014

#27347: Widget Customizer: Only Widgets of Child Theme Editable, Parent Theme
Widgets Missing
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  daveshine     |       Owner:

Comment (by daveshine):

 Replying to [comment:1 nacin]:
 > I'm pretty sure it only displays sidebars that appear on the page you're
 on.

 Yes, you're right on this! I'm sorry but was totally not aware of it
 before...!

 > It's a cool idea in theory, but it can be confusing (and some widget
 areas are pretty buried due to context, forcing someone to click around in
 the preview window so they can edit it).

 Right, it confused me from UI point of view a bit so I thought it was a
 bug. Now you've explained it's now clear to me.

 Maybe other users will have same experience as I had, so I suggest to make
 any (tiny) notice or whatever to make it more clear what areas are
 previewed or that the customizer view/preview in general only effects the
 page currently in view.

 > It might be worth showing these not-being-previewed widget areas but
 with some kind of indication they're not shown on that particular page.

 +1
 Would be awesome!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27347#comment:2>