[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28687: Removing background image and/or reverting background color to default doesn't remove custom-background body class and remove theme mods

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 30 06:06:12 UTC 2014

#28687: Removing background image and/or reverting background color to default
doesn't remove custom-background body class and remove theme mods
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  slobodanmanic  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Themes         |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Scenario:

 * Set custom background color, then revert do default or
 * Set custom background image, then remove it

 Problem:

 * None of the theme mods are removed
 * Because of this {{{.custom-background}}} is still being added

 This is what I have in theme_mods_twentyfourteen after setting background
 color and image, then removing them both:

 {{{
 s:16:"background_color";s:6:"f5f5f5";
 s:16:"background_image";s:0:"";
 s:22:"background_image_thumb";s:0:"";
 s:17:"background_repeat";s:6:"repeat";
 s:21:"background_position_x";s:4:"left";
 s:21:"background_attachment";s:6:"scroll";
 }}}

 Sorry if this has been filed before. I checked for tickets that could
 relate to this, but no luck.

 I'll work on a patch today, but it would be great if someone could say if
 there's a reason for this behaviour.