[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28646: Search results for Install Plugins should report 'compatible up to' version to save on clickthroughs to outdated plugins (was: search resu; ts for Install Plugins should report 'compatible up to' version to save on clickthroughs to outdated plugins)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 26 15:50:25 UTC 2014

#28646: Search results for Install Plugins should report 'compatible up to' version
to save on clickthroughs to outdated plugins
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  WebDragon    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Description changed by SergeyBiryukov:

Old description:

> on the Search results section of Install Plugins, I feel quite strongly
> that this listing should also report the "Compatible up to:" (and
> possibly also the date of the most recent update if I wanted to be really
> finicky), as knowing this ahead of time would save me a ton of
> clickthroughs to old outdated plugins
>
> I believe this is somewhat related to
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19520 but in a different vein,
> while installing new plugins
>
> note that this also is not the same thing as
> https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22736 seeing as from what they say
> here, that any plugin that hasn't been updated in two years wouldn't show
> up anyway.
>
> I'd still like to know the current compatibility in the search results
> table so as to streamline my clicking around looking for something to
> fill the bill.

New description:

 on the Search results section of Install Plugins, I feel quite strongly
 that this listing should also report the "Compatible up to:" (and possibly
 also the date of the most recent update if I wanted to be really finicky),
 as knowing this ahead of time would save me a ton of clickthroughs to old
 outdated plugins

 I believe this is somewhat related to #19520 but in a different vein,
 while installing new plugins

 note that this also is not the same thing as #22736 seeing as from what

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28646#comment:1>