[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24606: Paginate links' "base" default value causes page 2 to display links incorrectly.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 16 13:47:38 UTC 2014

#24606: Paginate links' "base" default  value causes page 2 to display links
incorrectly.
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Nessworthy                       |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 The only difference I've noticed is that `paginate_links()` always used
 `page` query var as a default `format` value, while
 `twentyfourteen_paging_nav()` only checks for `paged`.

 `paged` works for non-default permalinks, while `page` only seems to work
 for default ones.

 Not sure if `paginate_links()` should always use `paged` for consistency,
 or we should check `$wp_rewrite->using_permalinks()`, like we do to set
 `format`.

 Either way, I think `paginate_links()` should handle this too. Going to
 submit a new patch.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24606#comment:17>