[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jun 15 20:52:14 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
 Reporter:  westonruter                          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  new
                                                 |  javascript
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback needs-testing => has-patch dev-feedback
     needs-testing ux-feedback

Comment:

 We've been iterating on this [https://github.com/x-team/wordpress-
 develop/pull/13 on github] and [attachment:27406.2.diff] contains the
 current progress. The UI/UX is now fairly polished, with support for page
 descriptions and an arrow (modeled after the theme browser arrows) to go
 back to the main Customizer page. Now would be a good time for UI/UX
 people to weigh in; I put up a screencast demoing it here:
 https://cloudup.com/cpFF42uiW2l.

 This still needs some decisions, and feedback from lead devs on the API
 side. [comment:16 My earlier comment] still applies, with the current
 patch taking the second approach. I'll look at an implementation with the
 first approach as well for easier comparison. Once that's sorted out,
 depending on which way we go, we can make final decisions about how to
 handle sorting, etc.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:22>