[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 11 19:05:15 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
 Reporter:  westonruter  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 Replying to [comment:13 westonruter]:
 > If Customizer Subsections were implemented, what would happen to
 controls that are added to the parent Customizer Section? Would that be
 disallowed or would such controls appear after (or before) the subsections
 are listed?
 I've been thinking of it as Customizer '''Super'''sections, I suppose for
 this reason. Those could be special sections that, rather than containing
 controls, contained sections. In the UI they would slide over and only
 show the sections in that super-section, as in the mockup.

 For the API, it would probably be best to have something like
 `$wp_customize->add_supersection()` or `$wp_customize->add_page()`, which
 behaved similarly to `$wp_customize->add_section()`. And then we would
 have something like a `parent` arg, as you said, for `add_section` that
 assigned that section as a sub-section of the super-section. I would
 probably look for a better name than `parent`, as that potentially implies
 the ability to nest further levels of depth, which I think would probably
 get out of control fairly easily.

 So basically, sections and controls remain how they are now, but a new
 level of hierarchy would be added above some sections. Sections that don't
 have parents would be displayed alongside supersections in the top-level
 view.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:14>