[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28661: Improve loading of Customizer from front-end by leveraging `customize-loader.js`

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 22 18:09:34 UTC 2014

#28661: Improve loading of Customizer from front-end by leveraging `customize-
loader.js`
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by westonruter):

 Replying to [comment:5 celloexpressions]:
 > We probably shouldn't use the old DOM that triggered/loaded the
 Customizer if we do this. It won't have any of the customizations applied
 to it, so a new pageload would be necessary. Might as well do a full
 reload when exiting the Customizer, and switch to the most-recently-
 previewed page.

 Actually, I don't think so. When you first load the customizer, the
 settings haven't been changed yet so they should be the same as the
 settings that were already applied to the page without the customizer
 being loaded. So I think the DOM can be re-used as the initial state for
 the Customizer preview, if possible.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28661#comment:6>