[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27019: Redirect by page slug does not work in permalink structure /%category%/%postname%/

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 22 10:42:39 UTC 2014

#27019: Redirect by page slug does not work in permalink structure
/%category%/%postname%/
 Reporter:  dimagsv       |       Owner:

Comment (by dimagsv):

 Replying to [comment:2 mboynes]:
 > `/%category%/%postname%/` permalink structures fall into a special
 category called "verbose rewrite rules" where the pages aren't the
 fallback rules, which is why 'name' isn't set.
 > The feature is that it '''tries to guess the permalink of a would-be
 404'''. That's a fallback, like a spare tire, which is nice to have in an
 unforeseen circumstance but not to be used daily.
 In my opinion, this is a bug in the "fallback". Pages must be the fallback
 rules in any permalink structure and any url structure.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27019#comment:3>