[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28840: Unnecessary Transitions when adding Media from Post or Page through "Add Media" button

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jul 11 19:09:29 UTC 2014

#28840: Unnecessary Transitions when adding Media from Post or Page through "Add
Media" button
 Reporter:  mikeyarce     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media         |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 When adding Media through the Post or Page "Add Media" button, the media
 element has a transition that makes them slide in from the right.  Here's
 an example screencast of the issue:

 [[Image(https://mikeyarce.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/core2.gif)]]

 The Media is pulling in this line of code:

 {{{
 .attachments-browser .attachments, .attachments-browser .uploader-inline {
    transition: all 1s ease-in-out 0s;
 }
 }}}

 Which is used for the "Add New" button on the Media page, to make the
 "Drop files anywhere to upload" transition down from the top.

 I'm attaching a patch that just adds more specificity to the CSS so that
 the transition is only present on those elements on that page instead of
 on the "Add Media" modal on other pages.  Not 100% I used the right top
 level class for the page, but in my test this seems to work.