[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28327: Contributor users receive an upload error when attempting to set a Featured Image

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 10 18:23:32 UTC 2014

#28327: Contributor users receive an upload error when attempting to set a Featured
Image
---------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  rickybanister  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by ryan):

 Upload error messages in the modal are not at all helpful. Another
 instance is failed video uploads. Even a tiny 3 second video upload will
 fail on most hosts. Our error messages are useless dead ends. We need to
 see these messages in the context of flows like this and make them
 relevant and useful.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28327#comment:6>