[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer section

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 8 23:27:07 UTC 2014

#27406: Widget Customizer: Organize all widget area sections into a meta customizer
section
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * keywords:  needs-testing needs-docs ux-feedback has-patch => ux-feedback

Comment:

 Only remaining item here, barring any bugs, is whether panels and top-
 level sections should have independent or mixed sortings. The current,
 separate approach is a cleaner implementation and asserts than panels
 contain more-more-commonly used controls. It also makes it easier, as a
 user, to distinguish between panels that will completely change the
 Customizer's context and sections, which simply open inline. I imagine
 that would create a really strange user experience, unless there is a more
 obvious visual distinction between panels and top-level sections.
 Eventually, I could see a time when we may force all sections to be
 contained in a panel (placing unspecified ones into a generic panel), so
 we may want to consider that as well.

 For now we're going to keep the separate sorting and we'll see what
 feedback we get during beta. Merging sorting wouldn't change the API or
 the UI implementation, other than what values one would use for the
 priority arguments, but would require a significant amount of work.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27406#comment:48>