[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #28032: Make Customizer more visible with visual cues on deprecated areas of the admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 2 20:17:47 UTC 2014

#28032: Make Customizer more visible with visual cues on deprecated areas of the
admin
---------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  topher1kenobe  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 We could consider #28650 as either a dependency or a potential future
 enhancement. I think we'll probably need to do this soon, though, because
 we're getting closer to the point where it would make more since to just
 hide all of the separate pages entirely. I think once we have deep-linking
 we'll probably link the admin menu links to the customizer directly
 (except for widgets, which still have some functionality missing in the
 Customizer).

 So I'd say we should probably either do this in 4.0 without deep-linking
 or bypass this entirely.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/28032#comment:4>