[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14325: No possibillity to add a "Home"-link to the nav_menu when there are no Pages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 27 01:41:18 UTC 2014

#14325: No possibillity to add a "Home"-link to the nav_menu when there are no
Pages
 Reporter:  lundj        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by helen):

 * keywords:  ux-feedback has-patch needs-testing dev-feedback ui-feedback
     => needs-patch

Comment:

 From time to time I still think about how we could incorporate a section
 of links that are sort of like common utiilties (terrible word for it).
 Think home link, maybe log in/out, plugins that create virtual pages for a
 shopping cart and checkout, etc. The how is probably easy enough - naming
 it, however, has not proven to be so. It's possible that the difficulty in
 naming it indicates that we are trying to marry some pretty disparate
 things. But in any case, we should try again, whether going that route or
 something special for the home link.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14325#comment:19>