[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20712: Wrong data type returned from get_option for "page_on_front" after update_option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jan 19 15:45:32 UTC 2014

#20712: Wrong data type returned from get_option for "page_on_front" after
update_option
-----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  tszming                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch 2nd-opinion
 * component:  General => Options and Meta

Comment:

 Sanitizing for $oldvalue seems pretty dangerous. Especially if the routine
 changed, this has the potential of comparing what end up being identical
 strings but really are not, thus preventing the DB from being updated and
 poisoning future get_option calls. I think we should probably wontfix
 this.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20712#comment:6>