[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23050: make_clickable incorrectly formats anchors with URL's and spaces in them in comments

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 17 20:33:01 UTC 2014

#23050: make_clickable incorrectly formats anchors with URL's and spaces in them in
comments
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  johnjamesjacoby             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch has-unit-tests
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 So, looks like there is still some breakage. I don't think we should allow
 for someone to circumvent nofollow (at least it's not a security issue).
 Let's see what we can do here. Probably needs more tests and obviously
 some tweaks to the patch.

 I definitely like beauleben's approach, but I'm up for whatever pans out.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23050#comment:12>