[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26675: Rewrite of get_media_embedded_in_content() function to produce expected results.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 17 07:07:24 UTC 2014

#26675: Rewrite of get_media_embedded_in_content() function to produce expected
results.
-------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  kopepasah                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Hey, Justin. I think we could get away with sorting these by how they
 appear in the content always, without a parameter. Would be nice to still
 use get_tag_regex() but I get how the sorting makes it tough.

 "media" was designed to refer to "audio" or "video" (or some other form of
 interaction).

 We could make it additionally allow for "img" (probably not as a default).
 The problem with images is they can be inserted all sorts of ways. Gallery
 shortcodes, captioned images, image HTML, etc., etc. We actually had some
 image extraction functions as a counterpart to this function, but they
 weren't really good enough to ship in core, because of all of the edge
 cases. Sticking to these elements makes us limit the edge cases pretty
 well, and we ditched the other functions later in the 3.6 cycle.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26675#comment:3>