[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21435: wp-includes/comment.php line85 causes slow query due to the non-indexed column

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 27 17:57:47 UTC 2014

#21435: wp-includes/comment.php line85 causes slow query due to the non-indexed
column
-------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  matsubobo    |       Owner:  pento
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mdawaffe):

 Replying to [comment:10 pento]:
 > Replying to [comment:6 mdawaffe]:
 > > Seems like `(comment_author_email,comment_author)` would be more
 generally useful.

 > Aye, that sounds like a better idea.
 >
 > * In `wp_allow_comment()`, `comment_author_email` is optional

 Ah - I didn't think about that.  By the way, for the use cases I was
 thinking about (essentially the others you mention), a single column index
 on `comment_author_email` would have been just as good.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21435#comment:12>