[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15665: Page name won't work if the parent page has an attachment with the same name

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 23 21:26:36 UTC 2014

#15665: Page name won't work if the parent page has an attachment with the same
name
-------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  designsimply                   |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |      Status:  closed

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 Replying to [comment:28 aaroncampbell]:
 > The same problem occurs with posts if you're using the popular
 `/%postname%/` permalink structure.  If you upload an image and then
 create a post that gets the same slug as the image (different post type,
 so there is no collision protection here), the front end will display the
 attachment rather than the post at site.com/some-shared-slug

 Thanks, I've reopened #24612 (which I thought was a duplicate, but this
 ticket only covered pages). See also #13459.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15665#comment:29>