[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26818: When plugins are loaded check for a class of the same name and autoload if exists

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Feb 22 04:58:43 UTC 2014

#26818: When plugins are loaded check for a class of the same name and autoload if
exists
----------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  dwread          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 Hey @dwread, thanks for the suggestion!

 I'm not sure I can see this working in the near term. There are likely
 several different design patterns at work in the WordPress plugin
 development community and auto-loading classes could cause unintentional
 effects. It could be interesting to see what some kind of opt-in system
 would look like.

 It would probably be worth chiming in on #22316, which covers the idea of
 plugin dependencies in general. I think there would be more traction
 around an effort like that before core starts autoloading.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26818#comment:2>