[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27177: Child themes should inherit parent theme customizer settings on activation / switching

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 21 20:44:24 UTC 2014

#27177: Child themes should inherit parent theme customizer settings on activation
/ switching
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  krogsgard    |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by krogsgard):

 Replying to [comment:1 westonruter]:
 > Can you provide an example of such a parent theme and child theme that
 illustrates this problem? A child theme needn't override a parent theme's
 customizer settings/controls.

 The theme I tested was a commercial parent theme, but I just tested it
 with twentyfourteen and a child theme and it does the same thing. I tested
 the "site title color" and "background color" color settings.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27177#comment:2>