[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19856: wp_get_referer() doesn't return false when the referer URL is the same as the current URL

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 19 01:29:10 UTC 2014

#19856: wp_get_referer() doesn't return false when the referer URL is the same as
the current URL
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  garyc40         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Changes (by bpetty):

 * keywords:  needs-patch needs-unit-tests => needs-patch
 * milestone:  3.9 => Future Release

Comment:

 I've refreshed the patch, and added subfolder unit tests, however, this
 patch does '''not''' actually fix the broken subfolder detection from the
 previous patch. It can at least now be confirmed by explicitly running the
 unit tests for this ticket.

 I was hoping to avoid using anything complex like `parse_url()`, but it's
 looking like it would be necessary for properly handling subfolder
 installations unless someone else has a better suggestion for retrieving
 just the path from `site_url` without using `parse_url()` (maybe I'm not
 aware of such a method in WP already).

 I'm punting this back out of 3.9 milestone for now.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19856#comment:10>