[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15397: redirect_guess_404_permalink() purposedly doesn't guess posts with updated dates

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 16 00:12:50 UTC 2014

#15397: redirect_guess_404_permalink() purposedly doesn't guess posts with updated
dates
------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810                     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                   |      Status:  new
Changes (by danielbachhuber):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback => needs-patch needs-unit-tests

Comment:

 I like the idea of storing some small number of date changes in post meta,
 and only performing the redirect if the post has an old matching date. It
 seems like the least magic option.

 We can offer some level of customization by allowing the number of dates
 store to be configurable (`__return_zero` would disable completely)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15397#comment:12>