[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27037: The options to have new users sign up with Administrator as the default role should not be an option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 6 15:33:30 UTC 2014

#27037: The options to have new users sign up with Administrator as the default
role should not be an option
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  dwainm             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new

Comment (by jenmylo):

 I have to agree with Helen. While for many people it would be an extremely
 poor decision to make everyone who registers an admin, that doesn't mean
 there aren't use cases for it. As long as the true default --- the role we
 have set in core as the default for new members, vs. the role a site admin
 chooses to make the new default later --- is still Subscriber, I don't
 think we should be locking down the software to prevent people from making
 bad decisions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27037#comment:2>