[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26992: Failing to make new yyyy/mm for uploads affects existing URLs (WP_CONTENT_URL, wp_get_attachment_url and GUID)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 6 05:39:17 UTC 2014

#26992: Failing to make new yyyy/mm for uploads affects existing URLs
(WP_CONTENT_URL, wp_get_attachment_url and GUID)
 Reporter:  tivnet        |       Owner:

Comment (by tivnet):

 Replying to [comment:1 jeremyfelt]:
 > ... fixing the permissions issue would resolve it immediately (I think).

 Yes, of course. The problem is that new month [usually] comes at night.
 Only in a few hours, in the morning you notice that all the links are
 broken.

 So, again, why do we need to check for the valid upload directory is
 nobody is uploading anything right now? The request was "what's the URL of
 an existing attachment", and not "Where do I put this uploaded file". I
 think.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26992#comment:2>