[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26992: Failing to make new yyyy/mm for uploads affects existing URLs (WP_CONTENT_URL, wp_get_attachment_url and GUID)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 6 05:26:26 UTC 2014

#26992: Failing to make new yyyy/mm for uploads affects existing URLs
(WP_CONTENT_URL, wp_get_attachment_url and GUID)
 Reporter:  tivnet        |       Owner:

Comment (by jeremyfelt):

 It seems that a fix for this scenario would need to account for an
 individual site having multiple base content URLs. We could skip the check
 for the valid upload directory, but I'm not sure what side effects would
 be caused. On the other hand, fixing the permissions issue would resolve
 it immediately (I think).

 IMO, this is not a decision that WordPress core can make. If a site
 structure is moved and the permissions are not configured properly,
 guessing intent would be difficult.

 The `wp_get_attachment_url` filter is available for modifying the URL on a
 post by post basis. This could come in useful if some attachments have
 different URLs than others.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26992#comment:1>