[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #26978: In the admin area, the WP menu to the left links to index.php for the dashboard

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Feb 2 15:03:04 UTC 2014

#26978: In the admin area, the WP menu to the left links to index.php for the
dashboard
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy       |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new

Comment (by knutsp):

 +1

 This has been an annoyance, but small, for a too long time now. It was my
 first little disappointment with WordPress, as "Why do I see this
 'index.php' in the admin internal links?".

 Never ever link to index.php explicitly, partly because it looks like
 duplicate content (and other reasons).

 `./` is the correct relative URL to the index of the current directory.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/26978#comment:5>