[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30856: Automatically replace erroneous curly quotes with straight quotes in shortcodes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Dec 28 21:44:03 UTC 2014

#30856: Automatically replace erroneous curly quotes with straight quotes in
shortcodes
 Reporter:  mauteri      |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Shortcodes   |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:               |
 A common error among users I found is that some shortcodes they include in
 posts contain curly quotes rather than straight quotes for attributes.

 An example of this that I just received this weekend from work:
 [ione_social_wall id="544aa6d44b76c”]

 As you can see, the second quote is a curly quote and can be easily missed
 if you don't look at it carefully.

 I've included a diff for this. I placed the code in formatting.php in
 wptexturize. If there's a better place, let me know and I'll supply
 another diff.