[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30814: Large wp_postmeta table causes core database queries to become extremely slow.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 22 14:41:00 UTC 2014

#30814: Large wp_postmeta table causes core database queries to become extremely
slow.
 Reporter:  turkeybucket  |       Owner:

Comment (by turkeybucket):

 The MySQL Process Log in WHM just showed a truncated version of the
 queries, so I don't have the full queries.  One that I consistently showed
 up had "SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS" and "LEFT JOIN" and it looked like it was
 joining the postmeta table.  Another query that showed up had "INNER
 JOIN".  Sorry I don't have anything more specific -- cleaning out that
 database table fixed the problem before I needed to start logging the slow
 queries.  From the public side of the site, the performance problem seemed
 to hit whenever I would view a page that used the archive.php file,
 although other pages were timing out as well.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30814#comment:3>