[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30727: Right Arrow ">" At Beginning of Line (For Markdown Quote) is Replaced when Switching Editors

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 16 20:18:10 UTC 2014

#30727: Right Arrow ">" At Beginning of Line (For Markdown Quote) is Replaced when
Switching Editors
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Kelderic      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by Kelderic):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  invalid =>

Comment:

 I've attached a patch which should fix this. It un-converts right arrows
 that are at the beginning of a new line and that have spaces in front.

 If a right arrow is the first character of a line, it can't be part of an
 HTML element, and the same could be said of right arrows with spaces in
 front. With the latter I'm not 100% if that is always true, so I'm
 attaching a second patch that only apples this on the right arrows that
 begin a line.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30727#comment:12>