[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30727: Right Arrow ">" At Beginning of Line (For Markdown Quote) is Replaced when Switching Editors

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 16 14:48:07 UTC 2014

#30727: Right Arrow ">" At Beginning of Line (For Markdown Quote) is Replaced when
Switching Editors
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  Kelderic      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by Kelderic):

 * severity:  normal => minor

Comment:

 It's a problem because it's changing what is saved. While the visually it
 appears the same, anything that is using the arrow specifically as a
 character breaks. It shouldn't be getting changed in the first place. I
 know we are just shy of 4.1 release and this is probably a minor issue,
 but the root of the problem is in the code which fires when changing
 editors.

 I'd be happy to dive in and try writing a patch if someone could point me
 to which file handles the changes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30727#comment:7>