[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30562: If User Manually Upgrades WordPress after a failed automatic upgrade, remove the notice

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 1 09:20:27 UTC 2014

#30562: If User Manually Upgrades WordPress after a failed automatic upgrade,
remove the notice
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  rhyswynne        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |    Version:  4.0.1
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui               |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi There,

 Going to attempt to explain this the best as I can, as I'm unsure about
 this myself, as there was a week or two before I noticed this.

 I have an installation that doesn't upgrade automatically (a
 misconfiguration in a server I don't have access to), as such I have to
 upgrade it via FTP. With the latest 4.0 > 4.0.1 update, it failed (as
 expected), WordPress still worked, and I upgraded manually. We're on
 4.0.1, all good.

 HOWEVER, even though I'm running 4.0.1, I am unable to remove the dialog
 box telling me that the update is failed. All I can do is click the
 "please attempt the update again now", which takes me to the "Upgrade"
 process, which only allows me to reinstall WordPress 4.0.1.

 I feel that it should be possible to close this dialog, or maybe a check
 to see if you're on the latest version before displaying this error?